Cisco Expands their Web Security Platform
As cyber-attacks on retail, technology, and industrial companies increase so does the importance of cybersecurity. Security is Big Business for the year 2014 and it's estimated that the average cost of cybercrime for U.S. retail stores more than doubled from 2013 to an annual average of $8.6 million per company in 2014.
Retail isn't the only "Big Target" for hackers. Any kind of technology information, company reorganization or internal changes, if hacked, is valuable to someone. In other words, ANY company is at risk. With all the cyber-attacks that have made the news this year, you'd be surprised to know that 85% of companies that have been hacked do not release the news publicly.
In an effort to continue offering the most comprehensive protection to their customers, Cisco announced several important new features and expanded threat protection for the Cisco Web Security Appliance (WSA).
- Coupling Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) consistent secure network access for end-users and the Cisco WSA's threat security and policy enforcement.
- Extending Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) with a combination of file reputation, file sandboxing, and retrospective file analysis to deliver effective protection against advanced and targeted attacks.
- New Web Usage Controls to assist large companies in monitoring social media activity and restrict websites.
- Using Common Address Redundancy Protocol (CARP), a more secure version of Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP), for network layering redundancy for customers deploying a cluster of Cisco WSAs in explicit mode to achieve high availability and failover.
- Virtual Security Management Appliance (SMAV) to give customers an easy way to evaluate their Cisco Security Management Appliance (SMA).
Needing to become certified and become your company's expert or to make a career change? We offer a very large array of Cisco IT Certification classes. You can get your Cisco certification in under a week!
Or, call us at 888-862-3784 to learn about all the NEW Cisco courses we have added!