CompTIA CASP+ BootcampCT108 | Day | 5 Days
In this course, you will expand on your knowledge of information security to apply more advanced principles that will keep your organization safe from the many ways it can be threatened. Today's IT climate demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you develop the skill set you need to confidently perform your duties as an advanced security professional.
- Nov 04, 2019 - Nov 08, 2019
- Dec 02, 2019 - Dec 06, 2019
- Jan 13, 2020 - Jan 17, 2020
- Feb 10, 2020 - Feb 14, 2020
- Mar 09, 2020 - Mar 13, 2020
Who should take this course
This course is designed for IT professionals in the cybersecurity industry whose primary job responsibility is to secure complex enterprise environments. The target student should have real-world experience with the technical administration of these enterprise environments.
This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) certification and who want to prepare for Exam CAS-003. Students seeking CASP+ certification should have at least 10 years of experience in IT management, with at least 5 years of hands-on technical security experience.
In this course, you will analyze and apply advanced security concepts, principles, and implementations that contribute to enterprise-level security. You will:
- Support IT governance in the enterprise with an emphasis on managing risk.
- Leverage collaboration tools and technology to support enterprise security.
- Use research and analysis to secure the enterprise.
- Integrate advanced authentication and authorization techniques.
- Implement cryptographic techniques.
- Implement security controls for hosts.
- Implement security controls for mobile devices.
- Implement network security.
- Implement security in the systems and software development lifecycle.
- Integrate hosts, storage, networks, applications, virtual environments, and cloud technologies in a secure enterprise architecture.
- Conduct security assessments.
- Respond to and recover from security incidents.
Lesson 1: Supporting IT Governance and Risk Management
- Topic A: Identify the Importance of IT Governance and Risk Management
- Topic B: Assess Risk
- Topic C: Mitigate Risk
- Topic D: Integrate Documentation into Risk Management
Lesson 2: Leveraging Collaboration to Support Security
- Topic A: Facilitate Collaboration Across Business Units
- Topic B: Secure Communications and Collaboration Solutions
- Topic A: Determine Industry Trends and Their Effects on the Enterprise
- Topic B: Analyze Scenarios to Secure the Enterprise
- Topic A: Implement Authentication and Authorization Technologies
- Topic B: Implement Advanced Identity and Access Management
- Topic A: Select Cryptographic Concepts
- Topic B: Implement Cryptography
- Topic A: Select Host Hardware and Software
- Topic B: Harden Hosts
- Topic C: Virtualize Servers and Desktops
- Topic D: Protect Boot Loaders
Lesson 3: Using Research and Analysis to Secure the Enterprise
Lesson 4: Integrating Advanced Authentication and Authorization Techniques
Lesson 5: Implementing Cryptographic Techniques
Lesson 6: Implementing Security Controls for Hosts
Lesson 7: Implementing Security Controls for Mobile Devices
- Topic A: Implement Mobile Device Management
Topic B: Address Security and Privacy Concerns for Mobile Devices
Lesson 8: Implementing Network Security
- Topic A: Plan Deployment of Network Security Components and Devices
- Topic B: Plan Deployment of Network-Enabled Devices
- Topic C: Implement Advanced Network Design
- Topic D: Implement Network Security Controls
- Topic A: Implement Security throughout the Technology Lifecycle
- Topic B: Identify General Application Vulnerabilities
- Topic C: Identify Web Application Vulnerabilities
- Topic D: Implement Application Security Controls
- Topic A: Integrate Standards and Best Practices in Enterprise Security
- Topic B: Select Technical Deployment Models
- Topic C: Integrate Cloud-Augmented Security Services
- Topic D: Secure the Design of the Enterprise Infrastructure
- Topic E: Integrate Data Security in the Enterprise Architecture
- Topic F: Integrate Enterprise Applications in a Secure Architecture
- Topic A: Select Security Assessment Methods
- Topic B: Select Security Assessments with Appropriate Tools
- Topic A: Prepare for Incident Response and Forensic Investigations
- Topic B: Conduct Incident Response and Forensic Analysis