MCSE Data Management and Analytics BootcampMS521 | Day | 9 Days
This boot camp will cover designing and implementing cloud data platform solutions with the Microsoft Data Platform by using SQL Server on-premises, hybrid and cloud data platform solutions. It describes how to design and implement and optimize workloads in hybrid scenarios with both on-premises and Microsoft Azure cloud-based solutions, and how to implement high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
The primary goal of this boot camp is to help each student pass the exams required to earn the MCSE Data Management and Analytics certification. To do this, your knowledgeable instructor will blend hands-on labs with lecture and practice exams to prepare you to pass each exam. The practice exams identify knowledge gaps that the instructor will fill with customized, hands-on labs and tailored lectures.
- Oct 12, 2020 - Oct 20, 2020
- Nov 09, 2020 - Nov 17, 2020
- Dec 07, 2020 - Dec 15, 2020
Who should take this course
The MCSE Data Management and Analytics certification is for IT professionals either looking to expand upon and document their existing skills in Microsoft Database and Cloud technology or to document their existing skill sets. This boot camp is intended for students seeking to earn the MCSE Data Management and Analytics certification and who need an expert instructor to guide them throughout the training and exam preparation process.
After completing this course, students will have the knowledge to:
- Authenticate and authorize users
- Assign server and database roles
- Authorize users to access resources
- Protect data with encryption and auditing
- Describe recovery models and backup strategies
- Backup SQL Server databases
- Restore SQL Server databases
- Automate database management
- Configure security for the SQL Server agent
- Manage alerts and notifications
- Managing SQL Server using PowerShell
- Trace access to SQL Server
- Monitor a SQL Server infrastructure
- Troubleshoot a SQL Server infrastructure
- Import and export data
- Provision a Database Server
- Upgrade SQL Server
- Configure SQL Server
- Manage Databases and Files (shared)
- Position Microsoft Cloud Data Platform Solutions
- Design and implement solutions on Azure using SQL Server
- Design and implement solutions on Azure using SQL Database
- Design and implement security, access and auditing for cloud data platform solutions
- Design highly scalable mission critical solutions using the Microsoft Data Platform
- Design and implement cloud data platform solutions.
Module 1: Authenticating and Authorizing Users
This module covers SQL Server security models, logins, and users.
- Authenticating connections to SQL Server
- Authorizing logins to access databases
- Authorization across servers
- Partially contained databases
Module 2: Assigning Server and Database Roles
This module covers fixed server roles, user-defined server roles, fixed database roles, and user-defined database roles.
- Working with server roles
- Working with Fixed database roles
- Creating user-defined database roles
Module 3: Authorizing Users to Access Resources
This module covers permissions and the assignment of permissions.
- Authorizing user access to objects
- Authorizing users to execute code
- Configuring permissions at the schema level
Module 4: Protecting Data with Encryption and Auditing
This module covers SQL Server Audit.
- Options for auditing data access in SQL Server
- Implementing SQL Server audit
- Managing SQL Server audit
- Protecting data with encryption
Module 5: SQL Server Recovery Models
This module describes the concept of the transaction log and SQL Server recovery models. It also introduces the different backup strategies available with SQL Server.
- Backup strategies
- Understanding SQL Server transaction login
- Planning a SQL Server backup strategy
Module 6: Backup of SQL Server Databases
This module describes SQL Server Backup and the backup types
- Backing up databases and transaction logs
- Managing database backups
- Working with backup options
Module 7: Restoring SQL Server Databases
This module describes the restoration of databases.
- Understanding the restore process
- Restoring databases
- Working with point-in-time recovery
- Restoring system databases and individual files
Module 8: Automating SQL Server Management
This module describes how to use SQL Server Agent for automation. It also explains the benefits of using master and target servers to centralize the administration of automation.
- Automating SQL Server management
- Working with SQL Server agent
- Managing SQL Server agent jobs
- Multi-server management
Module 9: Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
This module describes the considerations for SQL Server Agent security, including proxy accounts and credentials.
- Understanding SQL Server Agent Security
- Configuring credentials
- Configuring proxy accounts
Module 10: Monitoring SQL Server with Alerts and Notifications
This module covers the configuration of database mail, alerts and notifications.
- Configuration of database mail
- Monitoring SQL Server errors
- Configuring operators, alerts, and notifications
- Alerts in Azure SQL database
Module 11: Introduction to Managing SQL Server by using PowerShell
This module introduces PowerShell for SQL Server.
- Configure SQL Server using PowerShell
- Administer SQL Server using PowerShell
- Maintain the SQL Server environment using PowerShell
- Managing Azure SQL Server databases using PowerShell
Module 12: Tracing Access to SQL Server
This module describes how to use SQL Profiler and SQL Trace stored procedures to capture information about SQL Server. The module also describes how to use Distributed Replay to capture trace information from multiple servers, and how to monitor locking.
- Capturing activity using SQL Server profiler
- Improving performance with the database engine tuning advisor
- Working with tracing options
- Distributed replay
- Monitoring locks
Module 13: Monitoring SQL Server
This module explains how to use Distributed Management Views to monitor SQL Server. It also describes configuration of data collection and the SQL Server Utility.
- Monitoring activity
- Capturing and managing performance data
- Analyzing collected performance data
- SQL Server utility
Module 14: Troubleshooting SQL Server
This module explains the SQL Server troubleshooting methodology and discusses the most common issues that can arise when working with SQL Server systems.
- SQL Server troubleshooting methodology
- Resolving service related issues
- Resolving login and connectivity issues
- Troubleshooting common issues
Module 15: Importing and Exporting Data
This module covers the use of the import/export wizards and explains how they relate to SSIS. The module also introduces BCP and BULK INSERT.
- Transferring data to/from SQL Server
- Importing and exporting table data
- Using BCP and BULK INSERT to import data
- Deploying and upgrading data-tier applications
Module 16: SQL Server 2016 Components
Describe the SQL Server platform, SQL Server services, and SQL Server configuration options.
- Introduction to the SQL Server Platform
- Overview of SQL Server Architecture
- SQL Server Services and Configuration Options
Module 17: Installing SQL Server 2016
This modules describes the process to install SQL Server 2016.
- Considerations for installing SQL Server
- TempDB Files
- Installing SQL Server 2016
- Automating Installation
Module 18: Upgrading SQL Server to SQL Server 2016
This module describes how you go about upgrading your current SQL Server installation to SQL Server 2016.
- Upgrade Requirements
- Upgrade SQL Server Services
- Migrating SQL Server Data and Applications
Module 19: Deploying SQL Server on Microsoft Azure
This module describes the options available to run SQL Server on Azure.
- SQL Server Virtual Machines in Azure
- Deploying an Azure SQL Database
- Migrating an On-Premise Database to an Azure SQL Database
Module 20: Working with Databases
This module describes the preinstalled system databases, the physical structure of databases and the most common configuration options related to them.
- Overview of SQL Server Databases
- Creating Databases
- Database Files and Filegroups
- Moving Database Files
- Buffer Pool Extension
Module 21: Database Storage Options
At the end of this module you will be able to describe the database storage options.
- SQL Server storage Performance
- SMB Fileshare
- SQL Server Storage in Azure
- Stretch Databases
Module 22: Performing Database Maintenance
This module covers database maintenance.
- Ensuring Database Integrity
- Maintaining Indexes
- Automating Routine Database Maintenance
Module 23: Microsoft Cloud Data Platform Overview
This module provides an overview of the Microsoft Data Platform Solutions in Hybrid and Cloud based scenarios. The module provides an overview of offerings and capabilities.
- Microsoft Cloud Data Platform
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Common Tools
- Cloud Data Offerings
- Data Visualizations
- Cortana Analytics Suite
Module 24: Implement SQL Server on Azure VM
This module with a hands-on-lab describes the core capabilities of running SQL Server in a virtual machine environment (IAAS) on Azure.
- Virtual machine components
- Storage Architecture
- Azure deployment models
- Virtual machine tiers
- Virtual machine deployments
- Deployment scenarios
- Move existing workloads
- Connecting to Azure VMs
- Domain joining VMs
- VM best practices
Module 25: Implement SQL Database
This module with a hands-on-lab describes the core capabilities of implementing data platform solutions using SQL Database on Azure. The module provides details in service tiers and offerings.
- What is SQL Database
- Data tiers/ Elastic data tiers
- Scalability Options
- Elastic Databases
- Elastic Database Tools
- SQL Database performance
- Service Tier Advisor
Module 26: SQL Database High Availability and disaster recovery
This module with a hands-on lab describes high availability and disaster recovery scenarios with SQL Database.
- Business Continuity with SQL Database
- SQL Database HA/DR
- SQL Database Backup Solutions
- SQL Database Replication Scenarios
Module 27: Hybrid HA/DR scenarios with SQL Server
This module with a hands-on lab exercise describes the design of high available, scalable data platform solutions on-premises, in the cloud and in hybrid cloud scenarios using SQL Server on premises and with Azure VMs.
- HA/DR deployment architectures
- AlwaysOn availability groups
- AlwaysOn Failover Clustering
- Database Mirroring
- Log Shipping
- Backup to Azure
- Managed Backups
- SQL Server data files on Azure
Module 28: Design and Implement Security
This module with a hands-on-lab describes the security features and capabilities in SQL Server in Azure VMs and SQL Database including firewalls and auditing.
- SQL Database Security Approach
- SQL Database Firewall Security
- SQL Database Active Directory Integration
- Row Level Security
- Dynamic Data Masking
- Auditing and Threat Detection
Module 29: Monitor and manage implementations on Azure
This module with a hands-on-lab focuses on management and deployment, monitoring for performance of SQL Database and SQL Server in Azure VMs.
- Azure Automation Capabilities
- SQL Monitoring and Management
- Operational Insights
Module 30: Design and implement database solutions for SQL Server and SQL Database
This module covers design and architecture scenarios for implementation of database solutions using the Microsoft Cloud Data Platform. This module introduces key scenarios to discuss with classroom attendees in order to build out the right architecture and infrastructure based on architecture and business requirements.
- Case Study – SQL Server Hybrid Scenario
- Case Study – Lift and Shift